So, as Blog Founder, I picked our pseudonyms (names of former ND "stars," in keeping with the blog theme). Sorry 'bout the namesake, Brady (pictured, right):
I'd like to note that when I showed this picture to a female Notre Dame graduate, the actual-not-making-this-up response was "So? That's normal, right? Isn't that just the kind of thing guys do?"
I suppose we've pinpointed the reason for those recruiting problems.
Anyway, it's introduction time, so here are some fun facts about me:
- I'm a native of southwest Georgia, which explains my
dislike of brown peopleaffinity for pecans. Since high school, I have resided in various locales up and down the Mississippi -- sort of like a modern day Huck Finn, but without all the rafting.
- Only one of the cities I've lived in has been the subject of a major natural disaster.
- I currently live in Chicago. It is cold. It is windy. Ohio State/Notre Dame/Minnesota fans live here. Counterpoint: hurricanes are rare on Lake Michigan.
- As of last week, I was under the impression that I was a mere 5'8.75" tall, but a recent doctor's visit has proven my actual height to be 5'9.5." CDC studies show that the average male height is 5'9.2." This makes me .3" huge.
- Georgia Bulldogs fan. I only woof a) when attending games or b) at sports bars when hammered. I do not own, nor have I ever owned, jorts.
- I have a fish. His name is Eli.
- To quote Tom Wolfe, "a liberal is a conservative who has been arrested." My time in jail was difficult, but I took away some valuable life lessons. 1) Snitches is bitches. 2) Forgetting to carry your auto insurance card is not technically a crime, but officers will detain you if you neglect to bring proof of it to the city courthouse within thirty days. It was a very long fifty-three minutes, and I have an enlightened political philosophy to show for it.
- I like to cook. I fancy myself to be pretty decent at it. Kind of like Rachel Ray, but without all the energy and foul language.